Posted 2 months ago

ishipitlikeups:

I HAVE WAITED ALL YEAR TO POST THIS.

Posted 2 months ago

tea-honey-rain:

constancecomment:

watsonlocked:

Oppressed Majority

This Powerful Video Shows Men What It Feels Like To Be Subjected To Sexism And Sexual Violence

i really like this. it’s got the microagressions down in a lot of ways, also things like body language and posture? i recognized the men doing things and speaking in ways that women are trained to and it was awesome to see. also things like all the men being nurses or old secretaries in the police station and the hospital. there was also a moment of white feminism, which was interesting to see translated. basically, i like this a lot because it’s a pretty faithful mirror.

brilliant.

Posted 2 months ago

After Leaving the Intern Alone for Five Minutes.

howshouldweaccountforme:

image

Posted 2 months ago

sarahseeandersen:

Slow walkers make my life 10x harder on a daily basis.

Doodle Time by Sarah Anderson [tumblr | twitter | facebook]

This. A thousand times this.

Posted 4 months ago
witterless:

This is pretty much 99% of Northern Ireland. The other 1% are stupid ass bigots who are trying (and failing) to bring us all down.

witterless:

This is pretty much 99% of Northern Ireland. The other 1% are stupid ass bigots who are trying (and failing) to bring us all down.

Posted 4 months ago

how my parents feel about my life at the big 4

howshouldweaccountforme:

image

Posted 6 months ago

everydreamstartswithdisney:

booptch:

image

image

image

I AM LAUGHING OMFG I CANNOT BREATHE PLAYING IT AGAIN AHHHHH HAHA

(Source: basedmadoka)

Posted 6 months ago
This map shows the results of the recent German federal election in Berlin. Blue sections indicate where Angela Merkel’s centre-right CDU won, while purple indicates where the far-left Die Linke won.
The black line is an approximation of where the Berlin Wall stood.
Absolutely fascinating.

This map shows the results of the recent German federal election in Berlin. Blue sections indicate where Angela Merkel’s centre-right CDU won, while purple indicates where the far-left Die Linke won.

The black line is an approximation of where the Berlin Wall stood.

Absolutely fascinating.

Posted 7 months ago
wilwheaton:

jollyidiot:

I have reblogged this at least a thousand times

I already have this favorited, and I will ALWAYS reblog it.

wilwheaton:

jollyidiot:

I have reblogged this at least a thousand times

I already have this favorited, and I will ALWAYS reblog it.

Posted 7 months ago

Entitlement complex? Yes. But not just for Generation Y.

I came home this evening and found two very different articles on my Facebook feed. One was a playful and ultimately well-intentioned article on how those of (what is apparently) my generation suffer from mild entitlement complexes, and the other was a somewhat (read: very) aggressive rebuttal.

The funny thing is that they’re both right, and they’re both wrong. Allow me to explain…

Lets not beat about the bush: our elders fucked up. Not content with a natural rise in living standards, they made their fortunes by inflating an unsustainable debt bubble. They maxed out their credit cards and took out mortgages they couldn’t afford. Instead of saving for the future, they spent using money they didn’t have.

And then the bubble burst - just in time for those of us born in the early 90s to step out of school into a world of recession, joblessness, and stunted wage growth.

Now we are told that recovery is here. And it may well be. But it is not yet a recovery for my generation. GDP may have increased by 0.7% last quarter, but this growth has come off the back of four years of ultra-low interest rates. Interest rates that are designed to ease the burden of the heavily indebted who came before us. Unemployment may have just dropped to 7.7%, but youth unemployment has increased to 21.0%. We are entitled to be frustrated; perhaps even to be bitter.

But there are things that we are not entitled to.

Contrary to what some might lead you to believe, we are not entitled to own our own homes rather than rent. We are not entitled to re-inflate a housing bubble. We are not entitled to consistent annual GDP growth of 2%. And, perhaps most of all, we are not entitled to run a deficit of £120bn per annum, just for the next generation to pick up the tab.

The world has changed. And for those of us in the developed West, it has probably changed forever. Its time we got over our entitlement complex.